Thursday, June 5, 2008

Partagas No.8 Maduro




You’re not a cigar smoker if you don’t know a Partagas No. 8 Maduro. They are wonderful from their dark Cameroon wrapper to their Mexican and Cuban-seed Dominican filler. The one I am smoking now was an early Father’s Day gift from my beloved bride.

First and foremost, it is a beautiful cigar, especially if you love Maduros. It is dark but not black. It burns even and smells like I imagine Heaven must. It is a medium-body cigar, rich and complex in taste.

There are dispensations of pepper-spice and toasty woods under an overarching covenant of cocoa. Like Spurgeon, my smoke rises toward the heavens to the glory of the Lord only. How’s that for allusions to theology?

Qty: Box of 25
Size: 6 7/8 x 44
Cigar Shape: Lonsdale
Filler: Mexico, Dom. Rep.
Binder: Mexico
Wrapper: Cameroon
Country: Dominican Republic
Cigar Rating: 87 - Jul, 1997

2 comments:

Dr. Mike Kear said...

I love maduros!!! I'll be in OKC a week from tomorrow. And I will add a maduro Partagas No. 8 (or whatever number I can find - preferably a rubusto or corona size) to my shopping list!

I really liked the theological allusions. They made me laugh out loud.

Looking forward to more of your reviews.

David Kear said...

While you are in OKC you might stop by Ace Book Binding and check them out. The more I use my newly skinned ESV them more I like it.